I was having a conversation with one of my closest friends the other day. We were talking about our mutual desires to live a rich life full of meaning, contentment and purpose. We had noticed that so many of our friends were just going through the motions whether working the high pressure 9-5 job filled with stress, juggling extra side jobs that further drained them, keeping in contact with people they'd really rather not etc etc. We didn't want that life. First of all it's exhausting. Second it's depressing. Third it's all too common. Life is too short and we knew we wanted more.
We wanted a life of freedom, a life of meaning, a life where we could follow an unknown path or create our own. We've purposed together to create this life for ourselves and we know there are many others out there with this same desire. Finding your meaning or purpose may not come easily or instantly, but every day you can evaluate your life and make simple choices to decline experiences that don't contribute to your desired lifestyle. It might mean changing your job or working closer to home or spending more time with family and friends. As you focus more and more on your goal of a meaningful life, your focus will become clear and so will all the distractions that you need to eliminate.
So here are 7 quotes to get you started and inspire you to create a meaningful life.
1. "The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away."- Pablo Picaso
2. "We must be willing to get rid of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us." - Joseph Campbell
3. "The two most important days in life are the day you born and the day you discover the reason why." - Mark Twain
4. "Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears." - Les Brown
5. "You were put on this earth to achieve your greatest self, to live out your purpose and to do it courageously- Steve Maroboli
6. "Our lives are the only meaningful expression of what we believe and in whom we believe."- Gordon Hinckley
7. "It is not the years in your life but the life in your years that counts."- Adlai Stevenson
Which quote inspires you? Can you suggest any others?
Get access to our monthly newsletter here for inspiration, special offers and new products!